Embarrassing stuff in your square

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
It was around 1030 at night a few days after my 18th, me and some friends were going up to have a fire in the woods. Had a few truck fulls of pallets and what not. half way up the road, I see a car in the oncoming lane with his brights on. I simply give him the ol' *flash* *flash* right as I did, he turns on his sirens... its a cop. So instantly as he's passing me, I'm saying "wow, it would be a cop.." at the same time, I'm staring at him in amazement, because I still can't believe these odds haha. Well in the meantime my friend two trucks up, decides "WERE GETTIN PULLED OVER, QUICK, STOP AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!" So he comes to a near skidding stop... Me being the curious one, is still looking in my side mirror at the cop trying to turn around, and BAM! I slam into the poor soul in front of me, which then gets pushed into the first stopping car, creating for a very dramatic night, where 2 cars were totaled and the 3rd had like 2k in damages :( of course we get the whole "can I check your truck please?" line, so as everyone is like, "sure go for it" I'm thinking, "uhh I still got guns in the back from shootin a few days before" So I had to calmly explain to the 2 officers that, yes, I had weapons in the vehicle, but no, I didn't plan on using them tonight... They made me "slowly" remove them, while doing so i felt I was about to be shot hahaha, no ticket though. the cop put in his report i wasn't speeding, and wasn't tailing, just a accident. But of course someone has to do the whole insurance thing, so now I'm stuck at 20yrs old paying $350 dollars a month just to drive my truck around...

Can I get something straight before I go off on a rant? Were you actually speeding or tailgating? Or did all of this happen because you flashed your high beams?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Can I get something straight before I go off on a rant? Were you actually speeding or tailgating? Or did all of this happen because you flashed your high beams?

:popcorn:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

I wanna go off about that cop but the end of his story makes me think he had a reason to pull them over, lol...

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I wanna go off about that cop but the end of his story makes me think he had a reason to pull them over, lol...

LOL most likely did. Most cops don't just pull a u-turn just for getting flashed (with headlights that is) unless there's a more viable reason to believe there's something else going on.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
LOL most likely did. Most cops don't just pull a u-turn just for getting flashed (with headlights that is) unless there's a more viable reason to believe there's something else going on.

I have been pulled over before twice for no reason. In high school I could figure out the cops easy and they never knew where I was but knew I was probably up to no good. It helped having a truck and a car, could easily switch vehicles and continue on my merry way.

First time was in '88 and I was cruising in my '56 with some friends and was almost to Main Street when I saw the red light in my rear view mirror. I pulled into a parking stall next to the bank and I got out of the car(small town and all the cops knew me and my entire family because we owned one of the gas stations in town, a Big A Auto, and grandpa went hunting with most of the cops), the sheriff asked to see only my drivers license so I showed it to him. I was about a month away from turning 18, he looked at my DL and said, verbatim, "Are you the one they call Shane?" lol...I felt like a bandit at that point, and replied trying to hold back a full-on-belly-laugh, "Yes I am". He handed back my DL and sent us on our way. He just wanted to see when I turned 18 is all I could figure.

Second time was in my '65 in '92 and I got pulled over at the same location as stated above, but this time it was because of my license plate light. They didn't know if the paint color was legal or not and since I had recently moved back, I know they were trying to get me. I didn't have a way to block the rear part of the bulb so I painted it with the darkest blue I could find. They made me remove the bulb, so I asked them if I was going to get pulled over later for not having a license plate light. They let me go and didn't pull me over again.

Well, the second time they may have had a minor reason, but I found it odd.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

I'll have to bite my tongue about the cops here. Let's just say I don't like to see entrapment.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'll have to bite my tongue about the cops here. Let's just say I don't like to see entrapment.

Well, I'm just speaking for cops in my area and the ones I personally know. I'm fully aware that there are jerks out there that make the whole group of them look bad.

Magnum44357

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Yeah, i actually wasnt speeding or tailgating, He claimed he was pulling us over for the pallets we intended to burn... I guess it's illegal to burn milled wood? The reason I didn't put up a fight in court or anything, is because who would I sue? Lol everyone involved was a close friend, and I didn't expect my insurance to go up on my first accident, so I wasn't worried at the time. I could pry of blamed it on the cop, and gone to court, but he was nice enough to let us off on the burning ticket... Which would've been a lot of money for everyone, not just me... In the end I got stuck with it, just a bad situation :(

Magnum44357

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I kind of assumed, his real intent was to get us with MIP's but since that didn't plan out for him, he claimed the pallets...

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah, I'd bet he was checking for people drinkin and driving...

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
bring some of those up to b.c. looks damn fine

Might be able to find an entrepreneur willing to open a franchise and contact the company. Guarantee if they use the same recipes it will be a huge success. I like to get the Super Breakfast, got dad hooked on that one too. I pour the sausage gravy over the fried taters. Cat head biscuits bigger round than your fist, fried apples for dessert (who ever heard of dessert at breakfast lol) and you'll walk away with a full belly. My favorite "grab & go" biscuit lately has been a sausage and potato biscuit. It's like their "Ron" biscuit with the egg & cheese replaced by a potato patty. Damn I'm hungry lol.
/off-topic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartantx117