Egr valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahoppj

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet k10 silverado
Engine Size
I know I know I read the thread above.

so I know I need to replace the valve and I was looking at diagrams for vacuum lines. And I looked under the hood and it looks to me the previous owner took out the solenoid also. It’s a 1984 so I assumed that he just took all the emissions stuff out... so I’m just confirming that I do need to get those back in and hooked back up?

thanks team. You guys have helped out a lot.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I know I know I read the thread above.

so I know I need to replace the valve and I was looking at diagrams for vacuum lines. And I looked under the hood and it looks to me the previous owner took out the solenoid also. It’s a 1984 so I assumed that he just took all the emissions stuff out... so I’m just confirming that I do need to get those back in and hooked back up?

thanks team. You guys have helped out a lot.

Here it is on a tbi motor.

I guess on a carb the vacuum secondary port runs to the solenoid, and the solenoid runs to the EGR.

You must be registered for see images attach

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

1980 Carbed EGR. It gets vacuum from ported vacuum switch on the thermostat housing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade