EFI conversions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martingmc86

Reaction score
First Name
martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra 1500
Engine Size
v8 5.0
i have a 86 gmc Sierra 5.0 it’s bone stock but I want to convert it
My carb is running like **** it needs a rebuild and rather just convert my only issue is that my truck is California emissions and also has a tps sensor on the carb and on distributor it has a 4 pin connector was wondering do those cable stay connected or what happens I’ve been seeming the Fintech 30003

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
i have a 86 gmc Sierra 5.0 it’s bone stock but I want to convert it
My carb is running like **** it needs a rebuild and rather just convert my only issue is that my truck is California emissions and also has a tps sensor on the carb and on distributor it has a 4 pin connector was wondering do those cable stay connected or what happens I’ve been seeming the Fintech 30003
Is that EFI system CARB compliant or do you live in a smog exempt zip code?

I don’t know of any CARB approved aftermarket EFI kits other than the MSD Atomic.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
They are a little more involved to rebuild and require specific tools. If set up correctly they do work well and adjust for wear and age unlike standard carbs. Might be hard to find someone that is experienced and willing to spend the time to do it correctly.

martingmc86

Reaction score
First Name
martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra 1500
Engine Size
v8 5.0
Is that EFI system CARB compliant or do you live in a smog exempt zip code?

I don’t know of any CARB approved aftermarket EFI kits other than the MSD Atomic.
This truck is in a different state does not need to be smoke complaint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
92 X-Ray