Dual Tank Switching Valve Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size
Can anyone tell me where the factory put the tank switch valve on a c30?

I’m going from single to dual tanks on my sons 74 c30.

Thanks for the help!

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
I believe that they are all the same spot right frame rail in front of cab mount

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size
I can’t really make out the picture could be my phone.

Thank you very much for your help I truly do appreciate it!

fast68chevy

I am the original fast68chevy
Reaction score
First Name
RANDY
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
under the rear of cab just in front of the bed, it is mounted bolted to a bracket that is bolted to inside of frame rail under cab rear.
i have all the factory original parts including dash switch and harness 1975 good working order i dont want need. trade for clutch link parts or somthing else? so i can finally ditch this stupid TH350 trans and have a 4 speed in my daily driver finalllyyy.... its all i want in life and i cannot find anything at all.... to do this,,, impossible,, still.................. im about to just give it up and part out,,, that to though cuz its been a really great strong running and perfect driving truck every single day hmm...

but i hate auto trans so much... damn. its just totally useless to me as an auto trans truck..
i never imagined that it would take over two years to try and find clutch link parts and a clutch pedal and the rods and springs linkage Z bar piece and frame rail pivot bracket, and a 2wd 4 speed trans a 435 or a 465 or a 420, and front half of the 2wd driveline, and 2wd crossmember,
and stil cant find... wow.... insane...

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
under the rear of cab just in front of the bed, it is mounted bolted to a bracket that is bolted to inside of frame rail under cab rear.
i have all the factory original parts including dash switch and harness 1975 good working order i dont want need. trade for clutch link parts or somthing else? so i can finally ditch this stupid TH350 trans and have a 4 speed in my daily driver finalllyyy.... its all i want in life and i cannot find anything at all.... to do this,,, impossible,, still.................. im about to just give it up and part out,,, that to though cuz its been a really great strong running and perfect driving truck every single day hmm...

but i hate auto trans so much... damn. its just totally useless to me as an auto trans truck..
i never imagined that it would take over two years to try and find clutch link parts and a clutch pedal and the rods and springs linkage Z bar piece and frame rail pivot bracket, and a 2wd 4 speed trans a 435 or a 465 or a 420, and front half of the 2wd driveline, and 2wd crossmember,

I have a mechanical clutch pedal assembly, if you want to buy it. I just had another member send me a hydro clutch pedal assembly and was surprised at the $50 they cost to ship. Unless you have a decent volume account with ups or fedex...

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size
I can’t really make out the picture could be my phone.

Thank you very much for your help I truly do appreciate it!
Try this one

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size
Looks like your search is over for your trans conversion!

Glad guys on here can help each other out!

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size

Not sure anything will work from yours to my sons.

I’ve got a real hodgepodge of parts for his.

The bed is an 80’s model and the frame is a 74 plus the fuel system other than the switching valve is all custom 8AN.

And his fuel tanks are after market 20 gal tanks with the small 1 1/4” fill hose.

(My lack of knowledge on the gas fil tubes) I personally don’t know if they interchange from a 70’s to 80’s model.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to fab a mount for the switching valve. It’s nice to know where they were ment to be or in the general area anyway.

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size
Again big thanks to everyone for being so helpful!

All your support and pictures really helps take a lot of guess work out of our project.

My son and I both really do appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS