Dual tank delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I agree 32 is better than 16.i would like to go away with the tank valve selector, that thing is a pain too replace

Its not that bad I replaced the one on my truck. If you are serious about going to 1 tank a change tot he 20 gallon tank would be a minimum recommendation followed by the suburban tank swap

I have an LS it gets great mileage too.
But 16 gallons is still every three days.
I drive about 70 miles a day probably on average the old girl sees high revs and 80-90 MPH
And our gas prices are terrible in commicalifornia

Sounds like a good reason to put in an OD transmission to me.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Its not that bad I replaced the one on my truck. If you are serious about going to 1 tank a change tot he 20 gallon tank would be a minimum recommendation followed by the suburban tank swap

Sounds like a good reason to put in an OD transmission to me.

She’s got the 4l60e but it’s so much fun to drive I accelerate like a bat out of hell....
Sometimes ....

TerryRH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350ci
I have an LS it gets great mileage too.
But 16 gallons is still every three days.
I drive about 70 miles a day probably on average the old girl sees high revs and 80-90 MPH
And our gas prices are terrible in commicalifornia
I guess what I've got going from me is that I don't really see much over 70. I'm usually that guy you see cruising in the right lane at abbout 65-70 when the limit is 70. On my commute, the limit goes from 70 to 65 to 60, and I live right off the highway, and work right off the highway.
I didn't think the 20 gal would fit in the SWB truck

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I guess what I've got going from me is that I don't really see much over 70. I'm usually that guy you see cruising in the right lane at abbout 65-70 when the limit is 70. On my commute, the limit goes from 70 to 65 to 60, and I live right off the highway, and work right off the highway.
I didn't think the 20 gal would fit in the SWB truck

It doesnt, didnt see you had a swb

Double d

Reaction score
First Name
Double d
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 sbc
@73c20jim
Also these beds unbolt.
Might there be a way to swap side panels?
Or is it too rusty on the entire sides?
As for me yaaas I’d weld them if It’s what I wanted/ needed

The whole bed is to far gone.the guy before me didn’t take care of the truck At all. This new bed I have is getting Line-x under and inside

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
You remember where the third filler neck went or did they figure out how to use the factory ones? The second would be interesting, as it seems fuel would need to go uphill somewhat.

I think used the stock filler necks/doors, but the rubber hoses were changed to fit the "T"s in the new pipe. I think it looked something like this where the pipe ran between the frame and bed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave