Door Panel Fastener Set - (Complete)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987_R10

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Hello All,

I have a 1987 R10 Silverado standard cab. I'm working on the interior at the moment, which is bone stock. Unfortunately, previous owner(s) have removed the door panels a few too many times resulting in the original fasteners/screws/captured nuts/etc. being broken or otherwise replaced with non original pieces.

I would like to replace 100% of all of the door panel fasteners (all types) for both doors and so I'm looking to see if there are any kits available or am I doomed to locate each individual fastener type?

I've seen a couple of the parts houses sell kits, but only up through '86 (from what I've seen). However, I'm still a relative newcomer to the square body trucks and so I'm hoping one of you and set me on the right path --- either to a supplier who sells kits for an '87 or a thread that already addresses this question (I did a search, but wasn't able to come up with much).

Thanks in advance,

-Jeff

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm not aware of any kits, but I haven't looked either. Most all of the hardware is relatively easy locate new, but you have to buy quantities of 25 or 50.

The white square screw receptacles in the door shells though, I do not know where to get those new.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I'm not aware of any kits, but I haven't looked either. Most all of the hardware is relatively easy locate new, but you have to buy quantities of 25 or 50.

The white square screw receptacles in the door shells though, I do not know where to get those new.

@80BrownK10 cornered the market a few years back :D , so maybe he will reveal his sources!

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
@80BrownK10 cornered the market a few years back :D , so maybe he will reveal his sources!
What fasteners are we looking for? I have quite a few different kinds. Including the ones I sent you for your grille. I think that's what I sent you? I cant remember crap, so I can't promise I can remember where I bought anything or what I even have without looking...thank goodness I buy lost of my stuff on eBay and amazon and both have search features!

Edit: if there the same square ones that the grills use...which I assume they are cause almost all the mounting and trim screws in these trucks are the same size there used on quite a few GM things and I if I remember ordered them off eBay. They were not labeled as like "square body" mounting thingies or anything. I have had my door panels off a few times but don't remember those same size retainers I sent you in the door. I can't remember stuff so I could be wrong. Sad thing is I had them off just this last year. I have 73 to 80 doors though. The bad thing about the memory is I am only 38. Hope I don't get much worse. I just think I read and do so much stuff and mess with so many things I just can't remember what I did to what when. I vaguely remember but not exact details of stuff .

Last edited:

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Have you checked Amazon or EBay? I’ve had good luck with both on newer model fasteners.

Danderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

USA1 has all the door and armrest hardware, including the square screw receptacles. I didn't see any complete kits but you can buy everything individually.

http://www.usa1industries.com/1981-87-fullsize-chevy-gmc-square-door-panel-retainer-each.html

LMC also sells complete door panel hardware kits.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1973-87-chevy-gmc/interior-panels/cc-1981-87-front-door-panel-set

Last edited:

ak4life

alaskan born, fed and bred.....lol.
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
81/84 gmc, 2001gmc, 2003 gmc, 2005 chevy
Truck Model
longbed squarebody, longbed 4dr extended cab, yukon sle, 4dr ext. cab
Engine Size
383, 6.0, 5.3, 5.3

The dealer

ak4life

Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
383, 6.0, 5.3, 5.3
What fasteners are we looking for? I have quite a few different kinds. Including the ones I sent you for your grille. I think that's what I sent you? I cant remember crap, so I can't promise I can remember where I bought anything or what I even have without looking...thank goodness I buy lost of my stuff on eBay and amazon and both have search features!

Edit: if there the same square ones that the grills use...which I assume they are cause almost all the mounting and trim screws in these trucks are the same size there used on quite a few GM things and I if I remember ordered them off eBay. They were not labeled as like "square body" mounting thingies or anything. I have had my door panels off a few times but don't remember those same size retainers I sent you in the door. I can't remember stuff so I could be wrong. Sad thing is I had them off just this last year. I have 73 to 80 doors though. The bad thing about the memory is I am only 38. Hope I don't get much worse. I just think I read and do so much stuff and mess with so many things I just can't remember what I did to what when. I vaguely remember but not exact details of stuff .
They are not the same as grille fastners, they are bigger and slide into place and are for the panels screws to fasten to, there are 4 of them located along where the bottom of panel rests

ak4life

Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
383, 6.0, 5.3, 5.3
Have you checked Amazon or EBay? I’ve had good luck with both on newer model fasteners.
Fyi i havnt found the door fastners on amazon yet after extensive search

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg