Does this look correct to everyone??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
To me this doesn’t look right either. Having the shackle dang near parallel seems like it’d make it ride rough. As the spring flattens out during upward travel, it needs to push that shackle back as it is right now it seems like it will be jamming the shackle straight at the frame initially rather than smoothly rotating towards the rear.
You must be registered for see images attach

If you have the funds, I’d call ORD or Alcan and get springs built. Theirs are actually 48” in the front to compensate for the increased arc so it keeps the shackle more vertical or closer to perpendicular to the leaf whereas yours is fairly parallel to the leaf.
Yep that spring is going to bottom out on the frame as well. It seems like these springs aren't correct for the truck lol.

LSX K10

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
The shocks up front are connected and they are stiff for sure so that may be keeping the front spring shackle from laying back where it should. I’m going to get in touch with ORD today and get some advice from them based on the pics I’ve posted here. I submitted a quote request from Alcan for springs yesterday so just waiting to hear back from them

LSX K10

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
Maybe all this is a result of just inexpensive skyjacker springs....idk. I’m not satisfied with any of it at this point and kinda getting disappointed bc I’ve spent so much time and money on this truck already. I plan on driving this truck on nice days and just want everything to work together properly and ride and drive good. This is a pic of the truck before I tore it down with the 6” lift on it and it rode rough but definitely didn’t have these issues

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Hey,it’ll be alright!We all know disappointed.It happens to us all.It’s called hot rodding.Skyjacker is or was a good company.I’m not sure what all is going on with the truck,but you’ll get it sorted out.

if it wasn’t challenging,it wouldn’t be worth doing.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
The shocks up front are connected and they are stiff for sure so that may be keeping the front spring shackle from laying back where it should. I’m going to get in touch with ORD today and get some advice from them based on the pics I’ve posted here. I submitted a quote request from Alcan for springs yesterday so just waiting to hear back from them
The shocks being mounted won't change suspension geometry.

LSX K10

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
UPDATE....so I’ve been on the phone with ORD this morning back and forth and decided to go ahead and order custom lift springs and shackles and 2.5” flip kit from them. Going to just replace everything front and rear and be done with this lol. Also opted to go with 56” springs in the rear. I really appreciate everyone’s help and advice on this!!

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
You have an awesome clean platform going there and I think you will be very happy with their stuff. The ride quality on it will be great. Do you have a build thread going for it?

LSX K10

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
I don’t have a build thread. I’m a brand mew member who never imagined getting on a forum but was thinking the other night what better way to get advice than talk to people who have built these trucks before....so thankfully I’ve met a lot of pretty cool people already on here and it’s helped me tremendously so maybe I’ll start a build thread. It’s gonna be a one of a kind truck when I’m done. At least in my area of little ole Mississippi lol

LSX K10

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
My dad bought this truck brand new and he passed away 13 years ago so I’m making it what I know he would have wanted it to be and planning on passing it on to my son once I’m gone. This truck means more to me than anything(aside from my family). It’s irreplaceable in my mind

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg