Do rochester/carter Quadrajets (or other variations) fit universally between BOP Caddy and Chevy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
On my 77 electra, Ive got a 4 barrel quadrajet and ive got what appears to be the same one on shelf, electric choke. If i send in the one i have for pro rebuild, would their be any issues bolting onto the car? Its a small block buick, but a quadrajet is a quadrajet, manifolds are different but id think the way they mount is the same.

On a same vain, my dads got a 75 gmc k25, could I replace his quadrajet with a same unit with an electric choke no problem? He has no cruise, no AC, etc. so it would be throttle linkage and power wire for the choke, id think. He just currently has thermostatic choke. I was discussiing carburetor options and because hes got a 400 it sounds like hed like to stay with quadrajet for mpg and relatively inexpensive, but i figure id send off one off the truck already that is superior.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
On cars they started using a newer design Quadrajet in ‘75, but delayed the changes in trucks. It’s confusing to read articles because they assume you have a car. The one BOP issue I know of is that the fuel line goes to the side in Chevy carbs, but may go straight forward in other cars.

My ‘75 Quadrajet was in rough shape , so I replaced it with a Quadrajet from an ‘85 truck (which used the newer design). Everything bolted up fine, and I then converted the newer carburetor to electric choke.

Bruce

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The late 70's 3/4 and 1 ton trucks used the straight on fuel inlet carb too. It was basically an early 70's type carb without any of the later updates. I didn't realize that until I read the Cliff Ruggles book. My '78 C20 Suburban still has one of those rascals on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe