Direct fit aluminum radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshsC10

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Anybody know where to get a aluminum radiator for a 83 c10? I've looked on jegs but can't find one for my actual year?? Any help much appreciated!

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
RockAuto sells Spectra aluminum radiators. O'Reilly Auto Parts sells Murray. Both are exact fit replacements, but keep in mind there are at least 3 sizes (height, width, and thickness) for 83 model trucks, depending on engine. And the fan shrouds are different too.

I bought a Murray radiator from O'Reilly for my 82 C10, and it fits perfectly.

Last edited:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That's a very nice looking radiator for the money. But I've read good and bad about Champion, so let us know how it fits. I have a new pair of hold-down brackets for tall radiators that I didn't use, because my rad uses the ones that "step" downwards from the radiator support. Let me know if you need them.

One nice thing about my rad is it has a lifetime warranty through O'Reilly Auto Parts, and the store is only 10 minutes from my house. Good thing, because it took 2 tries to find one that worked with my fan shroud!

As for the plastic tanks, I wouldn't be surprised if they are used in new cars and pickups. Some manufactures are even experimenting with plastic engine blocks!

RnDFabrication

Reaction score
First Name
Sparky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
We make a bolt-in all-aluminum radiator for the 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC C10 / C20 / Suburbans! We can build these for stock engines, as well as for LS & other engine conversions with ports in the correct locations for your engine. All units include a transmission cooler at no additional charge (specify when ordering). If you want one for an LS conversion, there is no additional charge, and simply specify if you want the steam port or not. Retail price is $470, and members of this forum get a discounted price of $450.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a link to the 73-87 C10 page on our website:
http://www.rndfabrication.com/C10late.html

Make sure to mention you are a member to get your discount!

Also, we make them for many other makes / models, and all Chevy Pickups from 1947-1988! Contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we are a Supporting Site Vendor and we offer discounts for forum members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26