Did speakers come default or was that an added option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1977C20Silverado

Reaction score
First Name
bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
My truck is stock with no radio, it’s got a plastic cover in place of the radio. But it has a dash with holes right in the center that looks like a speaker would go there. Did some digging and some are saying all had speakers, some saying it was an option. Could just be that all dashes were made like that, idk. I’ve read the manual for my truck and for the year and they helped a little but not much. So if y’all got an answer as to whether there’s a speaker or not and if there isn’t, what are those holes for

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 37

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
AFAIK, no trucks had a radio stock (always an option), but all had the holes punched in the top of the dash for speakers.

BadBowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
5.0L
Correct. All holes are already there.

Then there are base model trucks with an AM only radio using the center only dash speaker.

All other "radio levels" eliminated the center speaker and the two front corner speakers appeared along with the two rear corners speakers on the rest. AM/FM only & AM/FM cassette.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
^Correct. Early trucks didn't have the corner dash speakers, only the center. I'm not exactly sure when they started getting corner speakers, '81? I know '81-up high trim trucks got them. Later trucks got just a center speaker if it was a super base model with the base radio, otherwise they got the corner speakers and usually the rear corner speakers as well behind the seatbelts.

All dash pads had those holes whether the truck got a radio/speaker or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad