Dick Cepek FC-II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Anybody on here have personal experience with these tires? I picked up a used set over the weekend to go on my 79's steel wheels. Guy had a set off a Jeep he bought for his son, so I got 4 at about 70% tread and one brand new one. They are 265/75-16's, load range E. A buddy of mine has had a set on his Avalanche for 2 or 3 months now, he likes his so far. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I looked at them several years ago but got a smokin deal on another set of tires. I had it narrowed down to the FCII's or the Baja MTZ. The tires I ended up with are a basic copy of the MTZ. Looking forward to your review!

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
I'm considering going with FC-II whenever I go up to a 35". I'm a big fan of the aggressive look on their tires, and I've read nothing but good reviews on them. Can't wait to see what you think of them! :D

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had a PM request about my review on these tires, so I thought I would put it here for everyone to see.

This may or may not be valuable feedback for some. They have only been on the truck for about 100 miles max, and they are all pavement miles. I can say that they are just as smooth as the Kelly SJR's I have on previously. Those were an all-weather tread, not high-way but not all-terrain either. My Cepek's are E-load range and I have them at 35 psi right now. Smooth riding, handle as good as a 79 chevy can, and they have just the right amount of hum to them. Cruising around town I can tell people hear the tires before the truck and look to see what is coming. With that said, my exhaust is also stock quiet, as in you can barely hear it. Inside the cab you can hear them, but it is not loud and annoying, rather you know they are there and if you drive on them long enough you will probably be able to judge your speed by the sound they make. Like I said, just the right amount of noise for a truck. For future reference, these tires will never see any mud to speak off, my truck will NOT get mudded, ever. They might see sand later this year up at Silver Lake Sand Dunes, so I will be able to report on that then.

Short review... aggressive looking tire with good pavement manners. With the amount of miles I have on them, they are every bit as good as the BFG A/T's I had on my 05 Sierra.

Hope this helps!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm mostly curious how they do in the snow. I know they probably aren't that great in the mud compared to an MT.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
A guy at work put them on his Avalanche before last winter. He reports they are very good in the snow. That is all I can say about them. I feel bad that I can't give a quality evaluation on these tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx