Dash Removal Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It's a 2010 Cadillac metallic red.

Crystal Red?

Any updates on this?

Trying to get dashboard R & R on this site is like pulling phukin teeth. :shitsweak:

Well, since I have a toothache...

There's not much to it. Several screws to remove the cluster trim, a few screws along the bottom of the dash pad and one on the end (pass side), then pull the pad rearward to remove it. It just has hooky type guide clips along the top. The metal dash is not removable without some cuttin.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And no ****, I was eating dinner tonight, Rice A Roni, a soft dish right? All of a sudden it felt like I was chewing a rock. I spit it out, and its about 1/8 of one of my friggin teeth. Now it hurts like hell. Sumbish !!! But, no I don't want it pulled. I want it fixed. So I can't help you. The tooth part is no joke. WTF???

But really, its not that hard Dawg. As bucket says. There is no secrets to it, no hidden screws or anything, so what you can see is what you take off. First remove the cluster, or just pull it back without unhooking everything to expose the dash pad screws, then you can see the ones on the passenger side, and you're home free. Farily simple.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:waytogo:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
lol, I wasn't joking either. I really did have a toothache... beer and sleep fixed though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda