Dash Pad Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Carpet just goes over the dash, usually sticks on with velcro glue strips. Be warned, all carpet covers are NOT created equal, lol. So far, been rare that I found one that everything was sewn correctly and lined up with vents. Same for dash caps. I have had good experience with usa1interiors, https://www.usa1interiors.com/1981-87-fullsize-chevy-gmc-truck-dash-pad-cover.html . Last one I did on my 86 Burb fit real nice, had to do some trim work on my dash first since it had a few canyons through it. Cut edges back on old dash, filled with epoxy and sanded smooth before test fitting the cap. Had a high spot in drivers corner had to whittle down for snug fit. Did this so no air pockets under dash where cracks where because wasn't sure of sun distortion in the future with stuff sitting there. After I learned the epoxy, actually did a dash in my 67 Cougar without a cap...just epoxy filled and had these pads with the correct dash grain to match original that you press in before it sets. Dyed it afterwards and turned out like new, or at least to me, lol.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Carpet just goes over the dash, usually sticks on with velcro glue strips. Be warned, all carpet covers are NOT created equal, lol. So far, been rare that I found one that everything was sewn correctly and lined up with vents. Same for dash caps. I have had good experience with usa1interiors, https://www.usa1interiors.com/1981-87-fullsize-chevy-gmc-truck-dash-pad-cover.html . Last one I did on my 86 Burb fit real nice, had to do some trim work on my dash first since it had a few canyons through it. Cut edges back on old dash, filled with epoxy and sanded smooth before test fitting the cap. Had a high spot in drivers corner had to whittle down for snug fit. Did this so no air pockets under dash where cracks where because wasn't sure of sun distortion in the future with stuff sitting there. After I learned the epoxy, actually did a dash in my 67 Cougar without a cap...just epoxy filled and had these pads with the correct dash grain to match original that you press in before it sets. Dyed it afterwards and turned out like new, or at least to me, lol.

What kind of epoxy did you use?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1