Cylinder head ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xtremek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I need help IDing the heads on the replacement 350 motor I'm putting in my wife's dump truck. (Everyone's wife has a dump truck, right?) I need an intake for them. The cylinder heads have the 4 valve cover bolts that are in the center of the valve covers. The center two intake to head bolts are about 2 3/8" apart, and go in verticle. They are cast iron heads. I tried the intake off of the engine that came out of the truck. The center two bolts are the same distance apart, but the holes are perpendicular to the intake/head face. So what year are these heads from? For a working truck, what intake would you buy for it? (fwiw, the block number is 10243880).

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
^^^ what he said, definitely a TBI era 87-95 heads.

You can take your old stock cast iron intake and just cut a slot in the 2 center bolts and make yourself a wedge washer, and use your old one. Wont cost you a penny.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep, '87-'95. Aftermarket 4bbl intake manifolds used to be fairly easy to find. Like Ayden said though, it's pretty easy to slot the center holes and make wedge washers. Easier in aluminum though, IMHO.

Also, there were factory aluminum 4bbl intake manifolds for the center bolt style heads. They were used in '87 rwd cars and some trucks too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shepard te