Cup Holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Looks like something a fabricator drew up and made from sheet stock, laser cut and bent up with a metal brake. I know some metal artists in Detroit who could probably build something like this....
My question is where does the end of it, that's sort of boxed, fit?

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Anyone use one of these cup holders?

You must be registered for see images attach
No. Never seen one exactly like that and I personally would not, could not use that one. When both of my roommates ride with me I would NOT want that thing to add to the trauma if we were to have a wreck. These old trucks have no airbags and the center seat belt is only a lap belt. That thing looks like it would permanently damage flesh if we were to crash.

It does look well made and the craftsman has my respect. It also looks a bit heavy for the ashtray to support.

This was my choice. It is not perfect but it is better than nothing.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
No. Never seen one exactly like that and I personally would not, could not use that one. When both of my roommates ride with me I would NOT want that thing to add to the trauma if we here to have a wreck. These old trucks have no airbags and the center seat belt is only a lap belt. That thing looks like it would permanently damage flesh if we were to crash.

It does look well made and the craftsman has my respect. It also looks a bit heavy for the ashtray to support.

This was my choice. It is not perfect but it is better than nothing.

Those are good points! My Burb has the console with a cupholder in it, but the one in the dashboard of the 95-up OBS is not great as far as useability. You have to use a stepped cup in it, like Whataburger and some convenience stores use. Then if it's full and you're on rough roads, better have the passenger hold onto it.... And there's nothing for the back seat in the crew cab.

Jgonick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My son tried one (like Redfish's) when he was driving my truck briefly. It started to bend the ash tray.

What funny to me, is that I don't even remember wanting or needing a cup holder back in the 80s. I do remember the type that would hang from the windows. I definitely want a cup holder these days though.

Last edited:

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Custodian is probably just sittin there watching us go on about this thing and the whole time knowing what it's from
Just a theory of mine...
Yes I do. was made for the 73-87 C10's. The guy I bought it from lives in Tennessee, Scott Lawson on marketplace. Made from 1/8" sheet metal. You take the ash tray out and this takes it's place.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Being the LMC version i got is too small to hold an average drink cup, I really like the metal one as the holes look bigger. Who cares about crashing a square body.. They are not on par with new cars for safety by any stretch of the imagination. Cept they got lots of crumple zones. If you want safety, take a bus

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
My son tried one (like Redfish's) when he was driving my truck briefly. It started to bend the ash tray.

What funny to me, is that I don't even remember wanting or needing a cup holder back in the 80s. I do remember the type that would hang from the windows. I definitely want a cup holder these days though.
Yeah I remember those, you could put cans in them too.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Being the LMC version i got is too small to hold an average drink cup, I really like the metal one as the holes look bigger. Who cares about crashing a square body.. They are not on par with new cars for safety by any stretch of the imagination. Cept they got lots of crumple zones. If you want safety, take a bus
Uhhh, my son or my wife or someone I care about very much will be the one that is sitting in front of that thing. Perhaps you don't care about your passengers. I care about mine.

"Who cares about crashing a square body?" That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kookieman 98