converting to a dual tank setup 86 c10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjoslin02

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
hi im looking for information how how/what is needed to convert my single tank long bed 86 to a dual tank system i know i need the selector valve and the switch but from there i don't know.
the truck came with a 305 but i'm doing a restore to the truck from the frame so i'm getting a painless wiring harness that supports the dual tank set up, also i know i need the tank and hardware and the proper bed side for this but the truck might get a temporary flatbed depending on how i feel. the reason i wanna go dual tanks is it will hold more fuel for the engine im building and the standard 20gal tank just won't me enough for me as i plan on road tripping the truck, so if you could provide me with details about how to do this it would be greatly appreciated and if you could provide schematics for how the valve is wired and plumbed to the tanks that would help so much. and i will be going with the 3 port sender not the 2 port.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This has been discussed many times here. I just converted mine to EFI and replaced the entire dual tank fuel system. Use the search feature and all your questions will be answered....even some pics!

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
As mentioned, there are many posts about the dual tank setup and lots of info on the site. Just make sure you are looking at info for a similar year truck, since GM tweaked the system over the years and made various changes to dash switches, solenoids, etc.

Also consider a swap to a Suburban tank mounted where your spare tire is now located. You have to relocate the spare, and the filler location may be in the corner inside the bed, but you can get up to a 40 gallon tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84