clutch master cylinder push rod removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mooman929

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Hello everyone. While driving my 76 k20 tonight my clutch master cylinder push rod broke off the clutch pedal. Looks like the weld broke where it clips onto the pedal. Is there a way to remove the pushrod so I can weld it back to the pedal without removing the whole cylinder from the firewall? Thanks

OneShot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
It appears that the rod threads out of the master cylinder. (As shown here: http://www.amazon.com/AMS-Clutch-Master-Cylinder-Chevrolet/dp/B000CKDI7U)
So I'd try clamping some vise-grips on there and giving it a twist. I have a mechanical clutch linkage so mine is set up totally differently. You might just be better off buying a new master cylinder than trying to weld the end back on.

mooman929

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
It appears that the rod threads out of the master cylinder. (As shown here: http://www.amazon.com/AMS-Clutch-Master-Cylinder-Chevrolet/dp/B000CKDI7U)
So I'd try clamping some vise-grips on there and giving it a twist. I have a mechanical clutch linkage so mine is set up totally differently. You might just be better off buying a new master cylinder than trying to weld the end back on.

Ok thanks. I kinda tried that but the end inside the cylinder looks to have a ball on the end that just spins

mooman929

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Anyone that has this set up I have know if the rod just pops out or does the master cylinder have to be tore apart. I'd like to just remove the rod

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Anyone that has this set up I have know if the rod just pops out or does the master cylinder have to be tore apart. I'd like to just remove the rod

No dice man. I just replaced my cylinder and I don't think there is a way to replace the rod. I bought the whole new cylinder and it was inexpensive.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Is the cylinder off the truck?

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I believe the snap ring number 227 is holding it in.

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 107

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky77