Classic industries stereo problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X piped

Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Small block
I installed a classic industries stereo in my 85. It worked great for 1 summer. Now the stereo shuts down after a few seconds when I turn it on. It turns on every time. Any thoughts on what could be the problem? It would do the same thing when I first installed it with 4 speakers bridged to one channel. I then installed a 2 channel 200w amp to run my 6x9s. Now I just have my factor front speakers and factory rear speakers on the 4 stereo channels. It worked find like this for 1 summer.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
4 speakers bridged to one channel is no good. What did they ohm out at with all 4? This is likely the cause

Sent from the dust in front of you!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I installed a classic industries stereo in my 85. It worked great for 1 summer. Now the stereo shuts down after a few seconds when I turn it on. It turns on every time. Any thoughts on what could be the problem? It would do the same thing when I first installed it with 4 speakers bridged to one channel. I then installed a 2 channel 200w amp to run my 6x9s. Now I just have my factor front speakers and factory rear speakers on the 4 stereo channels. It worked find like this for 1 summer.

This is the retro 2 knob stereo ? I have one too and its a PIS. I don't care im gonna but a single din In mine. I don't care if its era correct or not lol

Plus then I can get blue tooth and usb. I seen a guy that had the blue tooth microphone attached to the top of his steering column right behind the steering wheel. Looked like it would work well.

X piped

Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Small block
I have 1 speaker ONLY on each channel of this stereo.
I have 2 additional 6x9s on an amp. I think you accidentally misunerstood me. Any ideas?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Any thoughts on what could be the problem? It would do the same thing when I first installed it with 4 speakers bridged to one channel.

Ok, I was just going off what you said. Usually the transducers go out ands cause this issue it will cause a stereo or amp to go into protection mode or just stop working.

X piped

Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Small block
Does that mean the stereo has to be replaced?. Is there a chance of something easy like a bad ground?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Yea sure try fixing the ground. Any stereo can be rebuilt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade