Stereo with no head unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Has anyone here installed a stereo with no head unit (bluetooth amp, tablet based system, etc…)?

I am currently looking for ideas and inspiration. I want to modernize the stereo in my 88 V10, but dont want to cut the dash. Seeing what other options are available (already looked at modern/ vintage 2 button options and am not totally sold on that option).

Thanks.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
You must be registered for see images attach

This isn't a bad way to go. I would love to have an original Delco with a working cassette player but I have about given up on that hope.

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Several of my GTO friends are using these Kenwood's.

I picked up a amp for my 67 Cougar it does have Bluetooth but no remote. I haven't used that function. I will go with a Kenwood for the truck and drop another battery on board. Dont want to get stuck out there if the kids stay up watching videos

Retoxtony

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
1979, 1982
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I had thought about doing this as well as I didn’t want to cut my dash either. I considered one of the retrosound ones but they’re crazy expensive for what you get. In the end I bought a Kenwood deck that has no CD player so it’s quite small and I mounted it in the glovebox. Everything is run by my phone and it works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby 406