Chevy tbi 350 to edelbrock adapter??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Is the old 2nd (3rd ?) motor bad, or is this just too good a deal to pass up ?

I am a cheap SOB and will be paying for my motor work, and just bought that dam TVS switch and got the EFE working correctly so I want some return on my 60 investment.

30 buck switch, 30 buck cool tool.

:anitoof:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Is the old 2nd (3rd ?) motor bad, or is this just too good a deal to pass up ?

I am a cheap SOB and will be paying for my motor work, and just bought that dam TVS switch and got the EFE working correctly so I want some return on my 60 investment.

30 buck switch, 30 buck cool tool.

:anitoof:
Well hes got this blazer hes tryin to get ridda, wanted me to take the whole thing and ID LOVE TA!!! But i have no need or place to put it so after he tells me about the motor i told him id like to have that because the one in mine is a real lazy dog and i wish it was a runner. So we talk a bunch and come to a deal. I have not seen it actually it move but he told me it will bark the 35s in second gear and hes someone i trust, plus the guy buyin the rest of the blazer dont need it so i cant bring myself to pass it upand let it get wasted.
You must be registered for see images attach

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Well hes got this blazer hes tryin to get ridda, wanted me to take the whole thing and ID LOVE TA!!! But i have no need or place to put it so after he tells me about the motor i told him id like to have that because the one in mine is a real lazy dog and i wish it was a runner. So we talk a bunch and come to a deal. I have not seen it actually it move but he told me it will bark the 35s in second gear and hes someone i trust, plus the guy buyin the rest of the blazer dont need it so i cant bring myself to pass it upand let it get wasted.
Damn I'd love to have the rest of that blazer.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
That's a pretty aggressive flow restrictor, looks like at least a 50% reduction in cfm. I guess I don't understand the logic in replacing a 2 barrel with a 4 barrel, and then adapting it back to a 2 barrel?
Are 4 barrel 350 intake manifolds hard to find?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
That's a pretty aggressive flow restrictor, looks like at least a 50% reduction in cfm. I guess I don't understand the logic in replacing a 2 barrel with a 4 barrel, and then adapting it back to a 2 barrel?
No but im trying to make this a quick easy slam bang swap without pullin the dist and intake, retiming and all that jazz.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I see, hoping for plug and play. It is nice to drop one in and just hook it up and start it, and be ready to drive it. Does your existing engine have a 4 barrel carb and intake?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I see, hoping for plug and play. It is nice to drop one in and just hook it up and start it, and be ready to drive it. Does your existing engine have a 4 barrel carb and intake?
Yes.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Is it a daily driver? And you need to get it done quick so you can drive it? Will the existing manifold fit on the newer engine?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Is it a daily driver? And you need to get it done quick so you can drive it? Will the existing manifold fit on the newer engine?
It was my daily until rust failed inspection. I was offered this engine at a good deal and the current one is a lazy dog so im just trying to slam it in wit no fuss no muss so i can get the body done enuff to pass then head for REAL body work. Yes im 98% sure the current intake will slam right on but im trying to avoid pulling the dist. and retiming and all that. Also its been sittin at my job for way too long and i want it to be driving or at least be at a place that the body is getting done correctly.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I get the reluctance to pull the Dist, I used to hate touching them until I had to do it a few too many times. Now it's no big deal. Still not 100% comfortable messing with them, but I always get it right, eventually. Replacing/adjusting Points intimidate me more than pulling the Dist and putting it back correctly.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
That's what I thought too, would be better to go from 2bbl TBI, to 2bbl carb.
Should still work like that though. The tbi butterflies are big.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
No but im trying to make this a quick easy slam bang swap without pullin the dist and intake, retiming and all that jazz.
Thought you were having a shop do the work? They could just swap your existing intake to the new engine easily.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I get the reluctance to pull the Dist, I used to hate touching them until I had to do it a few too many times. Now it's no big deal. Still not 100% comfortable messing with them, but I always get it right, eventually. Replacing/adjusting Points intimidate me more than pulling the Dist and putting it back correctly.
First time I ever did it, I was super nervous, took me forever.
Done it so many times now, I usually get them perfect first try every time. Tune by ear and done.
I've set my fair share of points. Not too bad, I usually set them with the tip of a Zip tie. Almost always perfect. Never done a V8 with points though, only a few 4cyls, a 2 cyl, and a few 1 cyls. Zip tie tip is perfect for those, I'd assume a tad bit more for a V8.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Ted, I was a big fan of the licsense plate wheel well work done on the " ole yeller " project. Will that satisfy the rust ****'s?
Eric
So the name for those bad German people is censored?