Carb swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjkirby55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just swapped my Holley 4175 for an Edelbrock 1406 and I need some advice on the throttle cable bracket. The truck is an 85 with a 350, auto trans and cruise control. The old bracket locates the throttle cable too far forward for the Edelbrock linkage and I'd love to know what cable bracket the rest of you guys have used. I'd really like for the cruise to be usable again if anyone has any thoughts. Pics and part numbers would be fantastic. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 105

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I just swapped my Holley 4175 for an Edelbrock 1406 and I need some advice on the throttle cable bracket. The truck is an 85 with a 350, auto trans and cruise control. The old bracket locates the throttle cable too far forward for the Edelbrock linkage and I'd love to know what cable bracket the rest of you guys have used. I'd really like for the cruise to be usable again if anyone has any thoughts. Pics and part numbers would be fantastic. Thanks

I have seen alot of guys use the Lokar universal cable...usually $25 at the Parts gettin place. You can make it custom length.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Mine was Mr. Gasket brand at Advance Auto, for about the same price. It came with a bracket for cruise that I left off. Be aware though I had to trim about 1/4" of the plastic "cone" off my throttle cable to get full pull, and the bracket mounts on just one car bolt with a little leg bend in the bracket that is supposed to keep it in one position, but doesn't do a good job at it really. Also had to put a small bolt/nut on the front of the slot in the kick-down cable to get the adjuster to work.

cjkirby55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I may go with all aftermarket cables if I can't come up with a good solution using stock cables. Edelbrock makes a bracket for '78 and earlier with cruise and auto trans so I may just order it and give it a try. I have a welder so I can make anything work. I've got one of the Mr Gasket brackets but the throttle bracket isn't adjustable and it's shorter than the one used with the Holley so it's no help.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I may go with all aftermarket cables if I can't come up with a good solution using stock cables. Edelbrock makes a bracket for '78 and earlier with cruise and auto trans so I may just order it and give it a try. I have a welder so I can make anything work. I've got one of the Mr Gasket brackets but the throttle bracket isn't adjustable and it's shorter than the one used with the Holley so it's no help.

The Lokar cable will use your current bracket.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I've got one of the Mr Gasket brackets but the throttle bracket isn't adjustable and it's shorter than the one used with the Holley so it's no help.
Yeah, that's why I said I had to trim the plastic cone off the throttle cable to get full pull. There just aren't many good aftermarket alternatives. I liked the Edelbrock bracket, bolts at the intake's bolts but couldn't wait for one to come mail order.

cjkirby55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm not in a hurry so I don't mind waiting. I'm hoping someone on here has experience with the Edelbrock bracket and can provide some insight as to how well it worked.

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
I have the Edelbrock brackets on mine. They installed easily and they tranny side has to be adjusted for the vehicle.

cjkirby55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I think it's p/n 8036. I've looked it over and I think it'll work. Thanks for the input everyone.

Last edited:

cjkirby55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ordered, success/failure and pics to follow once it comes in on Tuesday and I have a day off.

cjkirby55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The results are in. After some challenges with the trans kickdown and some really old gas, it drove under it's own power. It's having some cooling issues so it's not ready yet but it's much closer than it was.

http://youtu.be/nOqq_qgbgkA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub