Car audio question thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Hahaha !! Well do I dare to ask my question after reading some of this oh what the hell !! My system ... 2 Memphis 10s in a ban pass box sound amazing ! I have 2 6x9 and speakers in each door ! And all new wire ran from the radio it's a JVC KDR600 ... Seems that's it just won't push those speakers to make the voice and treble loud ! So ... I don't really know how to make the other speakers louder besides a amp... And I guess that would work but don't wana spend it so !! I guess I answered my own question ...

How much are you willing to spend? You can get a nice medium grade amp w/enough power to run your highs for cheap. Even one of those walmart sony's would be an improvement most likely.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I already have a single din in there but I came across a double din kenwood with all thegoodies for $100 with a flip down monitor for the back seats so I couldnt pass it up.I've decided to do it so I'll try and get some pics up when I'm done

Yeah, I'd like to see the finished product when you're done! :word:

Zombeeman

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Well I got it in there still need to put the trim around the radio but for now it's ok alot harder than I thought it would be but I'm very happy with the end result

Last edited:

Zombeeman

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Diggin' that!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

Zombeeman

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Being so low actually keeps me from watching it which could be harmful to my burbs health and mine

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm going to go ahead and spill one of my ideas. I actually wanted to just wait and try it myself first but.....

In fact, I'm not spilling it. I'll try it someday, but I have to say, Squares do have the stereo in a very crappy location. Not only for a screen view, but being that low, it's not easy to see what you're doing without being distracted. The stereo location needs to come up higher.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
I'm going to go ahead and spill one of my ideas. I actually wanted to just wait and try it myself first but.....

In fact, I'm not spilling it. I'll try it someday, but I have to say, Squares do have the stereo in a very crappy location. Not only for a screen view, but being that low, it's not easy to see what you're doing without being distracted. The stereo location needs to come up higher.

:pics-stfu:

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I know I'm a little late to the party. But where the hell did any of you guys mount tweeters?? It would sound like **** right next to your head. The front pillar plastic trim thingamabogger from lmc is like 150$ with some garbage tweeters already installed. That's too much money!!!
As always any input is appreciated.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Ive seen them up in the top corners of the windsheild right next to the pillares. I have mine mounted in the boxes behind the seat, they project up twards the back of your head.

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I know I'm a little late to the party. But where the hell did any of you guys mount tweeters?? It would sound like **** right next to your head. The front pillar plastic trim thingamabogger from lmc is like 150$ with some garbage tweeters already installed. That's too much money!!!
As always any input is appreciated.

Fiberglass is your friend for mounting your tweeters down low on the front post. Just make sure your tweeters can come out of their mounts from the front.

Some bondo works wonders to make the mount look seamless..

I've been looking at moving the heater controls and putting the stereo in the heater control location.. Im sure glad that the ole 80 is not my daily driver..

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Fiberglass is your friend for mounting your tweeters down low on the front post. Just make sure your tweeters can come out of their mounts from the front.

I've been looking at moving the heater controls and putting the stereo in the heater control location.. Im sure glad that the ole 80 is not my daily driver..

Go to a junkyard and get a pair of pillar plastics to practice on and try.

Yea i know how you feel, last year mine was my DD and it had to be drivable the next day when i would tear something apart, now that i have a little car also, i can work longer on my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76