Caliper rattles...help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SASKCHEYENNE75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jarod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4bbl
Hello,

Continuing work on my 86 Chev k30 Crew Cab.
Got it running (sort of lol) and took it around the block. Ran and shifted fine but had a horrible metal on metal knock which went away when brakes applied. Took off the front wheels and my passenger side caliper was loose and knocking on the rotor causing the sound I heard.
I know there are several "anti rattle" options but which one do I get?? Some say 1mm some say 2mm. I'm confused.

Anyone have any advice?
Thank you

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If the caliper is loose just get new hardware. Never had to go oversize with the wedge and spring. Also the outer pad needs to be pinched on the caliper and inner pad has a small spring steel anti rattle piece. That clips on the bottom edge of the pad between pad and caliper. Clean the surfaces be sure to use high temp caliper grease on everything including back of pads.

If the other lighter duty style, get new hardware. Replace the O-rings in the caliper ears, 4 per caliper. Lube it up good. Pinch outer pads down, install inner pad spring clip.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SASKCHEYENNE75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jarod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4bbl
If the caliper is loose just get new hardware. Never had to go oversize with the wedge and spring. Also the outer pad needs to be pinched on the caliper and inner pad has a small spring steel anti rattle piece. That clips on the bottom edge of the pad between pad and caliper. Clean the surfaces be sure to use high temp caliper grease on everything including back of pads.

If the other lighter duty style, get new hardware. Replace the O-rings in the caliper ears, 4 per caliper. Lube it up good. Pinch outer pads down, install inner pad spring clip.

You must be registered for see images attach
Thank you I'll try that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ta1nt3d