C30 Rear Shock Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Looks like that worked out for ya! Good job!

Biggnate81

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Finally got around to getting the new shocks put on. There's not a lot of options for lifted front shocks so I went with rough country because I've used their shocks and lifts several times now. I ended up ordering the 1"-3" lifted front shocks for a k20 (k30 wasnt an option) and they're almost identical in length to the factory c30 rear shocks. I'm sure that they're probably not as stiff as the factory rear shocks but this trucks hauling days are long gone, other than maybe the occasional appliance or load of lumber. I did have to make a hole in the top rail of the frame on the passenger side to put the nut on for the shock stud. For anyone that does this just be aware that the eyelet of the factory rear shock is smaller than most replacement studs. Thanks everyone for your input and guidance!
You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Bold choice on the rear axle color. I like it :)

Biggnate81

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Bold choice on the rear axle color. I like it :)

Thanks, its chevy orange/red. I actually painted the motor and trans the same color and had this crazy idea to make the whole drivetrain that color since the rest of the truck is going to be black I figured itd add a nice splash of color to it. But I'm interested to see it all when I get it done, and worse case scenario I dont like it and paint it black lol.

Biggnate81

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Since rears are sometimes referred to as a "pumpkin" it seems appropriate.

My brother did inform me the other day that I was making a halloween truck. So now I've decided to buy a skeleton to ride shotgun with me :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barnabyjo