burban tank in a pickup (NOT WHAT YOUR THINKING)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forgottenknight

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I seen a picture on the internet on a k10/20 with a burban(blazer)? gas tank mounted between the frame rails. I know many people have mounted them to the real area, but id like to hang the spare tire there eventually. it was mounted between the frame rails, a few inches to the rear of the cab, above the driveshaft and underneath the bed. Im thinking that with this configuration, I can have a bigger tank, eliminate the tank from hanging below the body line and be able to fill from the stock location. has anybody ever tried this or know where i can find some more information.

thanks!

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I am going to be doing a gas tank set up soon and wanted to try that location as well.

Sent from somewhere in Northern Illinois!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
It would be ideal for handling characteristics/center of gravity as well as the ability to use stock location fillers. Heck you could even use dual fills if you wanted.

The question is how to safely install in said area due to the possibility of the drive shaft breaking ?

Forgottenknight

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
this is the picture i found...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 133

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That location would only work I think if you had a body lift on the truck to get the bed up and away from the tank and as Ogre said.. I wouldn't want it there in case the drive shaft separated.

Sometimes what thinks or looks like a good idea really isn't. The one reason I don't necessarily like the tank at the back of the truck for is the weight distribution. I would like to see what the weight differential is between the front and rear of a truck that has the tank at the back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay