Broke Caliper Bolts !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy97

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Okay so as I test drive the k10 after a new carb, I could feel the truck forcing itself and when braking would pull to the right baddd. I made sure 4wd was off and yes so, I then continued to remove calipers and driver side was all good but the passenger side were seized as to it looked like a solid one piece. The head of bolt broke and vise grips didn't work nor did heat and liquid wrench etc. So in conclusion, can ya help me find the Hus assembly where caliper threads onto? I'm in process of rethreading but no luck so far as its like steel and ain't going so easily. Any other thoughts?

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Probably going to have to try an easy out, I'd say one solution would be to pull the spindle and rotor off and then try to remove the bolts. Only other idea, and not sure it's feasible but if you take a nut and place over what's left of the bolt, then weld the middle of the nut and the try backing it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising