Bright headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
So i have the quad headlights (83 truck, grill and radiator support out of a 90 chevy suburban or jimmy or something)
Have replaced headlights, have wired in a relay, to only moderate increase in vision.
If this were a newer truck, id put HID bulbs in it, but i know with these headlights itd be blinding. So, with that said... are headlights made thatll fit this that have the same light as HID's, just a better directed beam than if i put the HID bulbs in these lights? I have friends with HIDs in their newer trucks, and theyre bright and annoying to others, but not blinding, which is what works for me.

So, with that said: What can i buy thatd be like this, or what could i mix&match/make to get this effect?

Thanks!

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Or get some Hella H4 housings with the E code pattern and throw slightly higher wattage bulbs in it (if your wiring can take it).

Myojunk

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I bought these lights and the harness. Installed them Saturday, Works good so far. See a lot better too.

I had some diodes and tapped into the hi and low beam relays on my duramax. Made the dim lights stay on when switching on the brights. That was years ago. May try it on this truck too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 93

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrettkeith