Brake hose issues with lowered front end C30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I installed 3" drop spindles and 2" drop coils, now my brake hoses hit the spindles. has anybody had this issue? if so, how did you resolve the issue? its a 79 C30 dually.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
While I haven't had to do it on a C30, I've had that on several other vehicles. Is there a bracket on the upper control arm you can adjust? I'd also look at 4wd shops that deal with vehicles that have a lot of travel and need to protect the line across the the range. I feel like I used a spring once as well that kept it off the spindle but allowed for travel.

One thing you shouldn't do...is use shorter lines as they will act as limit straps for the suspension and eventually rip in two.

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
it does have a small bracket that bolts to the upper control but theres no adjustment to it. i tried to reroute the factory (but new hose) hose. there was no rerouting where the hose wasnt way too short

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
My '85 C10 was like that with the original hoses, I just gently bent them further away and then put some fuel hose around it just in case of future contact. Worked great. Another option would be some braided hoses, though I'm not sure if anyone makes them for a 30. I've got Wilwood D52 calipers and hoses up front now, no issues with contact now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia