bow tie for c10…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuyc10

Reaction score
First Name
jesus
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has tried to use maybe a newer bow tie for an 1989 grille. I want the sport bow tie look since I am going to paint my truck black but can’t seem to find my answer.
There is a picture of the bow tie i’m looking for and a picture of my truck. Please help….
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
It looks like your grille has a recess for the factory bowtie. Dimensions would help, and you could probably make it work with some 3m tape. Some emblems were flat, some fit the recess. The changed them quite a bit over the years.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
It looks like your grille has a recess for the factory bowtie. Dimensions would help, and you could probably make it work with some 3m tape. Some emblems were flat, some fit the recess. The changed them quite a bit over the years.
You want one of the flatter Bowties; the square body trucks use a flatter part than the OBS trucks do. The OBS ones definitely have a bend in them.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You want one of the flatter Bowties; the square body trucks use a flatter part than the OBS trucks do. The OBS ones definitely have a bend in them.
I got to thinking about some of the earlier 68-72 trucks have blue bowties that would match my truck but I imagine it wouldn’t fit my 85-87 grille. If I’m wrong, please let me know. Sorry to the OP for the hijack.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Have the bow tie that fits your grill painted to match your theme.

In my opinion if you try to just stick one from another year on there it will look like a cheap knockoff. Use the one that fits right.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Have the bow tie that fits your grill painted to match your theme.

In my opinion if you try to just stick one from another year on there it will look like a cheap knockoff. Use the one that fits right.
Good point.

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
You can make any of them work if you try hard enough. Dimensions are the key, along with how flat or angled they are. I did an '84 Monte SS clone and I used Trailblazer SS emblems on it on the doors & trunk lid. It looked classy, but not original.