big thank you!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
Hello all. I wanted to take a quick second to say thank you to everyone here who has posted stuff about fixing sagging doors. I recently replaced the hinge pins on the basket case and i was able to align the door to where it actually latches without having to lift up on the door. I also want to say thanks for the electrical tape on the door striker advice........ works like a charm. I do still need to get glass in the driver's door and all of the weatherstripping is bound for the trash can but i'm putting this repair in the win column. Now I will admit that it did take 2 times to get everything right and if i would have had someone to help hold the door live would have been a hell of a lot easier but...

Mike

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Another trick for a striker is that pex pipe or whatever, I took a day to align my drivers door on my suburban, and added the pex pipe to the striker.... 1 finger closes it

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
Another trick for a striker is that pex pipe or whatever, I took a day to align my drivers door on my suburban, and added the pex pipe to the striker.... 1 finger closes it
i have heard of the pex trick but where can someone get 1' of pex pipe? I have looked at home depot and lowes with no luck. if i had a use for pex i'd buy a 10' lenght but...

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
i have heard of the pex trick but where can someone get 1' of pex pipe? I have looked at home depot and lowes with no luck. if i had a use for pex i'd buy a 10' lenght but...
You must be registered for see images attach

John-Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John-Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
PEX works great! It does wear over time just as the factory ones do..but for the price you can't beat it. I have a home remodeling business and have replaced mine twice on all doors of our Burb for $8.00

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
They have 5ft sticks. Where do you live. Anywhere in SC I'll swing by your house with some. I travel most of the state for work. Seriously go to a home construction site and look in dumpsters or talk to a plumber and say you want 2"s of PEX. I bet they cut a hunk and give you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128