Best source for a new dash pad for my ‘87? LMC? Brothers? Other?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TropicalSilverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Thanks for all the replies and good information. I pushed the button yesterday and ordered the dash pad kit from USA-1. It includes the clips, defroster vents, A/C vent outlets & housings, brushed aluminum molding and Silverado emblem. Shipping timeline is 10-16 weeks. I also got the grille trim clips that I mentioned in another thread.

Off topic: Below is a pic of the original selling dealer badge that I mounted on a black plate. The truck is fairly original so I thought I would go with this for a front tag.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Rickf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
1974, 1954 & a 1937
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My '74 came with the glue down type dash cover and I've used them on a couple of mid 80's blazers. They fit ok with a little of massaging and a heat gun. The last one came from LMC and they are cheaper than a replacement dash pad. None of my vehicles are 100 point winners.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks for all the replies and good information. I pushed the button yesterday and ordered the dash pad kit from USA-1. It includes the clips, defroster vents, A/C vent outlets & housings, brushed aluminum molding and Silverado emblem. Shipping timeline is 10-16 weeks. I also got the grille trim clips that I mentioned in another thread.

Off topic: Below is a pic of the original selling dealer badge that I mounted on a black plate. The truck is fairly original so I thought I would go with this for a front tag.
You must be registered for see images attach
Did you get the dash yet, if so how's the quality and fit? I need to buy a replacement.

TropicalSilverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Did you get the dash yet, if so how's the quality and fit? I need to buy a replacement.

Not yet. It was 11 weeks Wednesday since I ordered it. They told me that it was expected to take 10-16 weeks. I was hoping it would come sooner but that ain't happening. I need to order the two a/c vent outlets for the instrument cluster and also probably replacements for the original dash speakers while I'm at it.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Let us know about the quality and fit.

Classic Industries just contacted me today [it's been at least a month] on the crappy one they sent. I asked to a refund. Will report back on how that plays out.

TropicalSilverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Let us know about the quality and fit.

Classic Industries just contacted me today [it's been at least a month] on the crappy one they sent. I asked to a refund. Will report back on how that plays out.

I'll post a photo of the pad when I get it. I'll then need to round up my friend who has done kind of work before to help me install it properly.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
They are really simple to install if like OEM. It's easier if the cluster bezel is off but not absolutely required.

Install the clips on the front edge and slide them into the slots. Line up the rear screws and install.

Just heard back from Classic industries. They want a picture of the dash pad cut in 1/2 then they will issue a refund. Going to do that tomorrow.

TropicalSilverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
They are really simple to install if like OEM. It's easier if the cluster bezel is off but not absolutely required.

Install the clips on the front edge and slide them into the slots. Line up the rear screws and install.

Just heard back from Classic industries. They want a picture of the dash pad cut in 1/2 then they will issue a refund. Going to do that tomorrow.

I've watched the installation videos of the different vendors and it doesn't look to be too difficult. I just want a good fit. I'm glad Classic is giving you the refund you requested.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
They seem to be in short supply.. Cheyenne Pickup Parts has removed the ‘81 thru ‘91 dash pads from their website.
Everyone else has been back ordered.
Cheyenne’s Pad was a good fit and quality though.
There’s occasionally some good OEM Pads on the
squarebody_swapmeet site

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Honestly... for time, money, and fitment issues its just way better to go to a reputable local interior guy and have your factory original dash pad redone by them.

Radiohead

Reducing tire diameter 1000 revolutions at once
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
My BIL got a pad for his c10 from lmc and neither one of us was impressed by the quality. After reading this thread, I'm going the local route on my c20 when the interior gets its turn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84