Best soft undercoating period..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Have you guys ever used Fluid film? I have been using it for a year and i am a firm user of it. the company has full scientific proof of there product stoping rust and preventing more from starting.

I bought 5 gal of the stuff and made some extra $$$ this winter in buffalo spraying some trucks for people.

IM going to spray my k20 with this stuff when i am all set and done under the truck. even though i will not drive it in the full winter its just a safe bet. Especially after replaceing cab cornners and rockers like i did. Im going to pump that stuff into those to protect my work.

http://www.fluid-film.com/

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
So instead of a paint it looks like maybe a thicker version of WD-40?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sounds like some cool stuff Liam. When you get a chance, get us some before and after pics, or mabye even some video putting the stuff on, and some pics when it dries. I'm going to be looking for something to use soon too. I'm just not sold 100% on POR-15 myself as a protectant. Reason being, POR-15 is Rust CONVERTER. It's my understanding, it will convert rust to hard substance and kill the rust so it don't spread. So it's still a great product for those how already rust. But my **** doesn't really have much rust to speak of. But, I'd like to keep it that, and I'd like to be able to drive, especially my 4x4's in the snow and ice without worry, or getting into deep water. So I want more of a protectant than a converter.

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
it a really awesome product. it never hardens, one reason i love fluid film is because it absorbs into the metal and even though it may look like over time it washed off your frame or just picked up dirt, if you take water and splahs it on your frame IT BEADS UP!!. I will have to try to do that and get some pics and vids when i spray my new 2013 silverado!!

If you spray under your truck once a year that is all that is needed. it is a yearly used product. It is much much much better than any other soft undercoating that body shops spray.

I love chassis saver, iv never used POR 15 but its the same ****. even after my new frame is painted and my truck is together (86k20) im still going to coat it with fluid film because i dont want any rust!.

BTW IF YOU GUYS CALL THE FLUID FILM COMPANY AND SAY SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF " HEY I HEARD YOU GUYS HAVE THE BEST PRODUCT FOR RUST PROTECTION, IV READ NOTHING BUT GREAT REVIEWS,IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET A FREE SAMPLE?""

THEY WILL SEND YOU A FREE SAMPLE I GUARANTEE IT !!!!!! I GOT 2 FREE GALLONS AT HOME. YES GALLONS!! GOR FOR IT!!

I HAVE BEEN USEING THIS PRODUCT FOR AHWILE IF YOU HAVE ANYQUESITONS LET LE KNOW
LIAM

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I bought a case of the stuff on Amazon. 12 bottles for $85. Sprayed it on pretty much everything underneath. They have a 24" wand that you can spray down inside panels and also in the hollow square bed cross member supports. I don't have the wand yet though...

The stuff smells funny. Kinda like band aids? I didn't want to apply it in the garage so did it out in the driveway. Driveway is now coated in the stuff (it rains down from the spray/mist). With spray cans you aren't supposed to spray straight up- so it made it a little difficult to do parts of it. Next time I buy it I'll just buy a gallon of it and then buy a "weed sprayer" to spray it on. Also wear gloves. The stuff isn't supposed to be toxic, but I got it all over my hands. Since it is a waterproof oil it makes it hard to wash off. Then your hands smell like it the rest of the day.
I coated the truck 24 hours ago and the stuff is still wet though. Thought it was supposed to dry at some point- otherwise the truck will be a mess when driving on a dusty road.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Found that it stays wet... from the fluidfilm website:

Does FLUID FILM attract dirt on the undercarriage?
Because FLUID FILM remains wet, it will get an initial dusting upon application, but because it contains no solvents and will not become sticky, it will not gum up or create a build up of dirt.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
por 15 is not a rust converter it encapsulates it seals it permanently
chassis saver from magnet paints is good **** too they are the ones that make monstaliner

it can put applied directly to rust or bare metal or sanded paint

it is some good **** I have used it on many projects

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
por 15 is not a rust converter it encapsulates it seals it permanently
chassis saver from magnet paints is good **** too they are the ones that make monstaliner

it can put applied directly to rust or bare metal or sanded paint

it is some good **** I have used it on many projects

I thought about using either POR 15 or chassis saver (I just used a gallon of the silver chassis saver). But I didn't want to get it on the bolts for the gas tank, or the straps for it, carriage bolts for the bed... basically wanted to make sure I can unbolt the truck when I need to work on it.
This gooey oily stuff can be sprayed everywhere, and then actually makes it easier to unbolt later.
I just thought it would dry up more. I can see how it will work nicely- especially with the 24" hose with a 360* spray tip on it. That will work great for the inside of the fenders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising