Best r4 compressor brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Okay so I’ve looked and looked for a ford blue tube but can’t find a part number anywhere, any leads?

Autozone didn’t have blue, just red and orange, and I wasn’t feeling that ambitious. It’s 38621 at O’Reilly’s. Do you already have your accumulator already? Might as well get that, and rent the flush equipment, the manifold gauges, and vac pump. I didn’t have a catastrophic failure, but there was still brown gunk in the system. I prefer using Autozone because O’Reilly’s has a 48 hour time limit on their tools.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Autozone didn’t have blue, just red and orange, and I wasn’t feeling that ambitious. It’s 38621 at O’Reilly’s. Do you already have your accumulator already? Might as well get that, and rent the flush equipment, the manifold gauges, and vac pump. I didn’t have a catastrophic failure, but there was still brown gunk in the system. I prefer using Autozone because O’Reilly’s has a 48 hour time limit on their tools.
I have a shop lined up to do the job for 70, and I’d rather have the simplicity of a shop for something like that, I have the accumulator and May flush it before install, and I’ll give that orifice tube a shot

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Gotcha. Sounds like a plan!

Latest posts

Forum statistics