Berrymans b12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hinkv10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
I thought I'd mention this to anyone who is looking for a fuel system cleaner. I'm not looking to get into a debate on which is best but I've had the most luck with Berrymans. I've used Seafoam for years and it works well as a preventative treatment. I've used it in my snowblower, ZRX1200 *** bike, chainsaw and now my truck as well as Stabil. It helps but I've better luck with Berrymans.

Last summer my bike developed a hiccup and slight loss of power. I run a couple ounces of Seafoam in most of my tanks to prevent varnish in the carbs. I lived with it for a month before someone reccommended the Berrymans. 3 ounces in the tank and it runs like new, still.

I got my truck on the road around Christmas and have put 500 miles on it while using up a couple cans of Seafoam that I had lying around. It starts right up and runs well but didn't have any power. I figured it was just because it was a 305, lol. I finally made it to Walmart and picked up a couple more cans of Berrymans.

I poured a can in and filled it up and drove about a mile home. I've been driving it a lot because of the blizzard we just had and I've put over a hundred miles on it. I only have one 16 gallon tank so at 10mpg it is fill up time. The truck is a whole different animal. The part throttle acceleration is night and day. Before I'd have to mash it to get it to move. Now a slight push of the gas and she goes.

My snowblower was being a biotch and hard to start. I figured it was because it was a Lowes Troy Built. Running Seafoam every fill up didn't solve anything. I used the electric start because it was impossible to pull start it when cold and then it needed the choke to get it warm before it wouldn't stall. A couple ounces of Berrymans and it fired up today first pull after sitting overnight.

On another forum I've read that Berrymans is a solvent and will clean varnish out of the carb. Seafoam is more of a stabilizer and Stabil is mostly kerosene which is an emulsifier. Once again this is my opinion based on my experiences. I should mention that I don't work for Berrymans in any way and am not getting paid for this endoresement ( I am open to free samples though ;) ) I'm just suffering from a case of cabin fever after getting 28" of snow

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88