Bench seat rebuild..... help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woodbn

Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am trying to rebuild the bench seat in my 87 K10. Ive never attempted this before so Im looking for any insight on this project. The seat foam appears to be in good shape but the guide wire and springs are broken on the drivers side of the seat (p.o. was a big ole boy) so bad that my butt just about sits on the floorboard! Has anyone done a rebuild of these seats or know of a link? I googled the crap out of it but didn't come up with much info.:shrug:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
there are some parts available on page 90 of the LMC catalog. You can get the end springs from there and swap over some of the other springs from the middle and passenger side to get some support back under there. As far as foam goes it's expensive. I found on my seat that the foam seemed good but lost some of it's ability to support over the years. next time the cover is off I plan to buy some foam off of amazon and cut out the wimpy section of my foam and replace it with some new stuff.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I had a local shop fix the broken end spring on my seat. He put some stiff high density foam in place of the spring an put some burlap over it to protect it. It worked really well while I was still using it. It was more supportive than the the spring on the passenger side.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I am trying to rebuild the bench seat in my 87 K10. Ive never attempted this before so Im looking for any insight on this project. The seat foam appears to be in good shape but the guide wire and springs are broken on the drivers side of the seat (p.o. was a big ole boy) so bad that my butt just about sits on the floorboard! Has anyone done a rebuild of these seats or know of a link? I googled the crap out of it but didn't come up with much info.:shrug:

I feel your pain. My tail bone rides the rear bar of the seat. Hit a few bumps and I'm hurtin'. Personally, I'd like to ditch the bench and get bucket seats so I can put in a floor shifter.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
My fat ass finally popped a few springs on my bench as well. Truck feels lowered now lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade