Belltech 4/6 installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mktsc

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.3L
Thanks for all the help, advice, and comments guys. I can't stop opening the garage and looking at it. Looking forward to a summer of cruising in this thing.

Now I just need to get that aluminum LS6 off my buddy and start assembling parts for a swap....

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
So my axle keeps rotating in the bracket and jacking up my pinion angle. The brackets are installed correctly, and the holes align with the pins in the leaf spring, but there's still quite a large range of motion. I'm actually going to fabricate a spacer to take up the open area between the Belltech bracket and the stock leaf perch on the axle so it physically cannot rotate.

What do you guys torque your u-bolts to?

I just put the same flip kit in my 86 and the axel tube would not seat all the way into the bracket it would hit the sides of the bracket first that keep the axel from going all the way in to the bottom of the bracket. I used a 4in grinder to open the sides more so the axel could go all the way into the bracket that allowed the bracket to contact the spring perch hope this helps you

mktsc

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.3L
Delete

Last edited:

Forum statistics