Before ditching/rebuilding my PS pump..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I still have issues with steering assist, i have always. the difference is its got nice clean fluid and it doesnt leak profusely.
And I have been researching saginaw pumps, and found that different applications used a different pressure valve thats on the back of the pump?

Ive had good reason to believe, but have not confirmed, this pump is the original or at least has been with the engine for a long time while the engine came from what I believe a car. I could pull alternator bracket and all that.. I will when I replace alternator and the bracket, but I was wondering if I should just try replacing the little valve or if I should just go ahead and do a rebuild like suggested before. Its gonna have to come mostly off im guessing to replace the valve anyway, perhaps.

But i have a pump still hanging off a 77 identical to my truck(hd front end) that would likely have a proper valve so I ensure im using a truck valve vs a car valve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david b