Bed rails with a tool box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
nope, its in my lean-to Good memory lol
You must be registered for see images attach

I found the running board Of mine that had a bracket, I foudn the pic looking for the tuffbox(?) pic. Its not super tall but its not short either.
The lid looks just like mine!

I need a D/S bracket and Ted is going to send me one of his spares, which is on not rush as the slightly cracked up one is doing just fine. Honestly I expect it's got a few year left in it, I just don't wanna wait to do anything until I fold the board over on day and land on the ground.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
The lid looks just like mine!

I need a D/S bracket and Ted is going to send me one of his spares, which is on not rush as the slightly cracked up one is doing just fine. Honestly I expect it's got a few year left in it, I just don't wanna wait to do anything until I fold the board over on day and land on the ground.
The toolbox opens up, its not super deep but it may be the same as yours deep wise. there is no feet under it, or on the rail area. and it just has a few holes where someone had mounted it before.

The 2 sides have a center push button that lock(No key tho) and there is nothing else to the inside but inside lol

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
The toolbox opens up, its not super deep but it may be the same as yours deep wise. there is no feet under it, or on the rail area. and it just has a few holes where someone had mounted it before.

The 2 sides have a center push button that lock(No key tho) and there is nothing else to the inside but inside lol
I think yours might be missing the legs, everything else sounds the same. Mine is not all that deep either which is fine that mean I can reach stuff. Mine has legs and holes in the sides as well. I bet if you look at the bottom there will be cut outs for bolts that the legs would have attached too. Both sides on mine lock, and I do have the key, but let me tell you it took some work to get those functioning properly after it sat outside in the dirt for over 10 years.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I think yours might be missing the legs, everything else sounds the same. Mine is not all that deep either which is fine that mean I can reach stuff. Mine has legs and holes in the sides as well. I bet if you look at the bottom there will be cut outs for bolts that the legs would have attached too. Both sides on mine lock, and I do have the key, but let me tell you it took some work to get those functioning properly after it sat outside in the dirt for over 10 years.
is it because it couldnt support the weight of a lot in the center?? Igot the idea i wouldnt be getting much other than long tools or similar into it but I could see the weight being why

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I think so. Mine is not particularly heavy gauge plastic.
If I ended up using it I probably would not have much other than hand tools and a maybe a small bucket or basket at the ends with a couple things. I like the big open lid kind of tool box lol

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

I think so. Mine is not particularly heavy gauge plastic.
I got a pick of my gmt 400(dad uses) thought you may like to see LOL

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
If I ended up using it I probably would not have much other than hand tools and a maybe a small bucket or basket at the ends with a couple things. I like the big open lid kind of tool box lol
Ya, I'm sure it would be fine like that. What I did when I broke my one leg was just to make a 2X4 box with the height I wanted and bolted it to the bottom of the box. I never took a picture of it but I can if you wanna see it.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
75 k25 , not very useful right now since the U joints and front shaft stuff for the np203 system are worn and etc.
Then the Th350 spit a chunk of metal on the ground thats quite big, and its noticeable hole in the case lol..
Then the engine just would need TLC I hope but idiots were the last ones to play with the qjet leaning and riching things out and also having the plug wire order about as wrong as possible. yikes stuff.

Has a dump bed on it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128