Balancer install problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
If I am not mistaken doesnt the balancer have a step in it that stops on the end of the crank? Or does it contact a step on the crank. You should be able to determine how far it will go on before bottoming out on one or the other depending on what stops it.

There is a groove about 1/4in down on the balancer on the crankshaft side. Maybe that's the mark for it to stop at.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
There is a groove about 1/4in down on the balancer on the crankshaft side. Maybe that's the mark for it to stop at.

It goes on further than that. Like 1" from the end of the crank to the face of the balancer once it's installed measured through the bore of the balancer.
Check this out
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-191680.html

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
It goes on further than that. Like 1" from the end of the crank to the face of the balancer once it's installed measured through the bore of the balancer.
Check this out
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-191680.html

I was just reading that article actually. But I ran downstairs and looked at the crank and I do have a groove or a catch about a 1/4 from the end of the snout that would interact with the one in the balancer.

I bet I've been breaking my tools by trying to push the balancer farther than what it's supposed to. I feel like an idiot.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I was just reading that article actually. But I ran downstairs and looked at the crank and I do have a groove or a catch about a 1/4 from the end of the snout that would interact with the one in the balancer.

I bet I've been breaking my tools by trying to push the balancer farther than what it's supposed to. I feel like an idiot.

The feeling will pass. Glad you figured it out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceyman72