AWESOME news on my 76 GMC dually!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Holy crap guys, I still can't believe it. You guy’s won’t believe this;

SO…..I am a member on a vintage snowmobile site, and I have also posted my dually build on that site. I get a message last night from a brand new member who asked “did your dually come from Iowa by chance, it looks like my old one”. So I responded to him through that site and told him where I got it from, and I gave him my e-mail address so he can contact me that way instead of through another website.

After that message lastnight I tried to figure out where the guy I bought it from got it to try to trace some history on it, so I started texting him and he said he is not sure if the guy still lives around the area that he bought it from, but it was a co-worker of his so he would ask his boss for his co-workers phone number if his boss would be cool with that.

I checked my e-mail this morning and see a subject called “Dually” from the guy who messaged me from the other site. Here below is what he has to say;

Yep Justin that was mine. I thought the blue looked familiar ....86 Pontiac Blue !. Its actually a GMC. I made a dually out of it back in 86 or 87. I put genuine GM Dually fenders on it. I hauled a lot of stuff . Hauled antique tractors out of North Dakota, Tractor pulled all over hell. Had a stout 468 Big block in it with a T400. Loved the old girl but just had no time to get it back on the road. Just really cool to still see it alive.

Of course I responded back with a WHOLE lotta questions on it! Holy crap this is cool!!!!

:cheers: :driver: :rockit: :D

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I always love finding out mysterious data on my trucks!

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Yeah, it was just out of the "Blue" :D that he found the thread on the other site, signed up as a member and contacted me about it.

For anyone curious about the dually conversion kit mentioned, here below is the build thread and there are some pictures showing this kit. Now we do know, it was a kit as people in the thread suggested it was! Cool as heck either way!

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/thread...-dually-gotta-get-it-on-the-road-again.29806/

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I cannot wait to ask him more questions and find out more about the truck. I will also be asking where he got it from, and if he knows if that person bought it new....or maybe this guy did, I don't know.

I also want to know how he stumbled upon my thread on the other site. I am sure it is just like most of us do in times of regret....we start surfing for something we had at one time....

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish