Anyone Paint Their Rims Black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepperado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado stepside
Engine Size
Looking for a picture of the standard white wheels with the dog dish hubcap (like on my '87C20), only with the rim painted black. I think that would look hot on a gray/black pickup, but would like to see it first. Those white wheels just don't seem to make sense to me.

Thanks,
Stepperado

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Looking for a picture of the standard white wheels with the dog dish hubcap (like on my '87C20), only with the rim painted black. I think that would look hot on a gray/black pickup, but would like to see it first. Those white wheels just don't seem to make sense to me.

Thanks,
Stepperado

Take a pic of the truck and go photo shop on it.....

Stepperado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado stepside
Engine Size
No skills................

Guess I'll make a request in the other thread category if nobody has anything.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I thought they looked like crap on 1lows red truck. It depends on the overall look really. Someone had painted their wheels to match a blue truck, and I thought it looked really sharp. And it depends on the person. Some people think black wheels are the cats ass no matter what the vehicle is. I am not one of those people. Very rarely do I actually think black wheels look good.

In saying that, post up a picture of your truck. It might look really good on yours.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I agree that black wheels are hit or miss on the look. Some trucks look good with black wheels. I agree the black wheels didn't look good with the red on a red truck and opted not to go that rout on my red one. I went with argent on the tan truck and think it looks good.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Black wheels, red car look great for me. On a truck not so much, depends on the wheels.

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID
i have all white, so that won't help you (were originally same as body color--- brown, but i painted them white).

However, i might suggest painting the wheels black BUT leaving the very edge of the rims SILVER. Say maybe 1/2 inch or so. That might look sharp.

Hard to explain in words but where the bead of the tire meets with the outer flange of the rim and where the valve stem goes into the rim. Paint that part silver.

P.S. i'm generally not into black rims. But if you like it, go for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64