Another 4L80-E Sad Sight !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Today at AT&T I looked in the scrap bin, and look what I found !!! They threw it in, and on the drop it broke the bell housing from the weight and 4 foot fall.
I have to ask the bossman the next time I get in there, but some ***** was an ass today and said, that's AT&T scrap, if you take it, its stealing. I told him, I'd give AT&T $5 for it, which is more than double what they'd get for it. He said, NO, that is alluminum. Dumbfuck is to stupid to realize it have to be stripped to be aluminum, and its in a full scrap bin that they throw everything in, you can also the several Cats that are in the bin. They get scrap iron price for all of it. So I am going to ask the big boss, but I bet I can have that thing. I want it for the hard parts and guts. The case is junk obviously.

attachment.php

Attachments

• JnoTrucks 017b.jpg
    JnoTrucks 017b.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 190

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Tell Bigboss to kick Dumbfuck in the nuts and to leave you the **** alone when you're dumpster diving! Cool **** can be got there, wish I could find things like that around here.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Today at AT&T I looked in the scrap bin, and look what I found !!! They threw it in, and on the drop it broke the bell housing from the weight and 4 foot fall.
I have to ask the bossman the next time I get in there, but some ***** was an ass today and said, that's AT&T scrap, if you take it, its stealing. I told him, I'd give AT&T $5 for it, which is more than double what they'd get for it. He said, NO, that is alluminum. Dumbfuck is to stupid to realize it have to be stripped to be aluminum, and its in a full scrap bin that they throw everything in, you can also the several Cats that are in the bin. They get scrap iron price for all of it. So I am going to ask the big boss, but I bet I can have that thing. I want it for the hard parts and guts. The case is junk obviously.

attachment.php

Up here stripping the transmissions of the hard parts is a waste of time to get premium aluminuim prices, WHY? Its simple even if the cases are 100% aluminuim with no foreign materials they STILL will not give you PREMEUIM price, it actually goes under regular scrap iron so your better off to just leave them intact and sell the complete thing. Sucks I know. Buddy of mine jusxt went thru this, he had TONS AND TONS of cases and core transmissions in his back room. He stripped them all down and sold the cases all as aluminuim and got reemed hard core.

He said he would have made more money just selling the cases as rebuildable for 5 bucks a piece and scrapping the rest of the guts.

it seems like cores just arnt as valuable anymore as they once were, so when you talk to him i would offer him scrap price for the whole thing, then sell the converters, keep the cores for yourself and scrap the rest of it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just about the same here Luke. Guys will get a sledge and save the big peices of cast and scrap it with aluminum rims and such.

But, nonetheless, know it's only worth $2-$3 to AT&T so when I talk to big boss, I'm gonna tell him, I'll offer him double what he'd get for it, $5, and I am sure he'll say just take it. Just that some power trip happy ***** have to be pricks and so be it. He might have been the shop foreman so I wasn't gonna aruge. He is the first ass I've ever met with AT&T, the rest of the guys and girls are cool as **** and on level ground, very down to earth and easy to get along with. I"m sure I'll end up with it. You notice the scrap box is about empty, so it will be awhile before they dump it again. I'll be back up there before it gets dumped.
Most of their transmissions get sent back in crates as core returns when they get a new one in. But when they part a truck, and one thing I can say about AT&T, they part a truck good. There isn't **** left when they are done and all parts are labeled and put on shelves. I am eyyebaling a 99 C3500 right now they are working on seperating. I want the Vortech harness from it with the 4L80-E. I doubt they'll let me have the ECM, but they won't care about the wiring.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Speaking of parts, just wait til I start spilling about front air lockers, rear detroit lockers, NP205 transfer case, blah blah blah. I've got some parts trucks in the works. I thought this guy was full of ****, but I went and got underneath them and no **** !!! To be continued !!

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Just about the same here Luke. Guys will get a sledge and save the big peices of cast and scrap it with aluminum rims and such.

But, nonetheless, know it's only worth $2-$3 to AT&T so when I talk to big boss, I'm gonna tell him, I'll offer him double what he'd get for it, $5, and I am sure he'll say just take it. Just that some power trip happy ***** have to be pricks and so be it. He might have been the shop foreman so I wasn't gonna aruge. He is the first ass I've ever met with AT&T, the rest of the guys and girls are cool as **** and on level ground, very down to earth and easy to get along with. I"m sure I'll end up with it. You notice the scrap box is about empty, so it will be awhile before they dump it again. I'll be back up there before it gets dumped.
Most of their transmissions get sent back in crates as core returns when they get a new one in. But when they part a truck, and one thing I can say about AT&T, they part a truck good. There isn't **** left when they are done and all parts are labeled and put on shelves. I am eyyebaling a 99 C3500 right now they are working on seperating. I want the Vortech harness from it with the 4L80-E. I doubt they'll let me have the ECM, but they won't care about the wiring.

yoou would be better off not buying the VCM from them anyway, I can hook you up with a place to buy them and have them programmed for what ever your using them in.
I have seen the harneses sell anywheres from 50.00-200.00

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Around here when you scrap aluminum rims they claim they are "aluminum alloy" and you still get "dirty aluminum" price.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
yoou would be better off not buying the VCM from them anyway, I can hook you up with a place to buy them and have them programmed for what ever your using them in.
I have seen the harneses sell anywheres from 50.00-200.00

I won't be buying, I"ll be having. They don't care. But, I'm going to make sure it's OK with the big boss at the maintenance facility where we drop off broke down trucks. You should see the good **** they throw away. And AT&T keep vehicles for 300,000 miles, so what I'm seeing alot of now is 97 and 98 1 ton C3500 stuff. And some Express Van stuff in the 2000-2002 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70meyers