All 4 headlights went out at once

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Pull the flooring cover up in the corner, the dimples are there for the floor mounted switch, if the mat/carpet is original the hole for the switch is cut in it. The plug for the steering colum switch will plug into the floor mounted switch, if you cut the little latch off of it. need to add just a little wire to all three to reach. Not saying the floor mounted switch is better, but it ain't plastic, and alot easier to change next time. Will say the floor mounted switch is cooler. If an Aggie or coonass steals it, they won't wreck it getting their feet tangled up in the steering wheel trying to dim the head lights.... damn, I'm old.

nolv4ho

Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 tbi
Yeah it's on the column. I bought a new switch and decided after looking how tight it was just to unplug the old one and plug the new one in without removing it, to see if that would fix my problem, as I didn't have much faith that the dimmer was the issue. And no, it did not fix the issue. Atleast I was able to return it then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20