Air Spring kit Major Fabrication Required

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Effing around one day in the rain as a teen,got the car totally sideways a few times, on purpose, because that's what I was doing , lost control, spun it hit a curb sideways bent a wheel tucked the wheel and control arm under the car the wheel adapter was the only thing that survived.
It’s not usually the “wheel adapters” that go. It’s the studs that snap. And I’m glad your experience was different. But I have seen a few break. Some were burn outs , studs shear. And some were while towing.
That popped out wheel look is popular out here
But depending on Weight of the truck and the usage... I wouldn’t trust them on anything other than a car or a show truck.

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size
I would like to fab a bolt on Perch like Bucket has on his burb, but I think the quickest way is going to be a weld on bag bracket over the tube then repaint the diff and perch ( which I was trying to avoid) I suppose majority of the time doing it the right way isn’t or is almost never the easy way.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
We question for you guys running bags.Whats max extended height. Toying with the idea of using them on an odd ball project.Aa a lift, not on a vehicle.
Probably depends on the type. Mine are both the double pillow type. Probably a few inches difference with 10 vs 100psi. However, if the truck’s springs weren’t a factor or you were starting with a couple thousand pounds in the bed and now air in the bags, there’d be close to a foot of difference.

There are also long travel airbags that are twice as expensive. I’ve never run them before though, as I rarely do more than a 2-1/2” level kit on my 4x4s. I might need them for my k30 though, if the Air Lift bags become my travel limiting straps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike