Aftermarket wiper upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik1

Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
Gmc V2500 (V 20)
Engine Size
Wondering if anyone out there knows of options to modernize the wiper switch so it actually has a decent intermittent setting. My '87 can be pretty annoying constantly turning it on and off manually. Also my washer spray nozzles are not very good either, they spray not very hard or high up on the window even when I played with the nozzle eyelets.
Any knowledge on this much appreciated!

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
An '87 should have the spray nozzles on the wiper arms. Any chance you are missing some parts?

As for intermittent wipers, if your truck didn't come with it you should be able to upgrade to the factory system with the control on the directional stalk.

Erik1

Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
Gmc V2500 (V 20)
Engine Size
OK interesting, you are correct I looked at the truck there are the hoses and everything intact on the wiper arms for the spray. Someone (a previous owner) has modded it and re-routed hosing and installed spray nozzles on the body of the truck below the windshield. Weird. Perhaps I can change the hosing to the original wiper arm set-up and see if that's any better.
My truck does have intermittent wipers but they totally suck, it's got 3 settings and they're not very good. Maybe I've got a sticky wiper motor and that's why, even on the fastest setting it's pretty slow.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
The wiper motor, transmission, and linkage needs to be lubricated after 32 years in operation.

Erik1

Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
Gmc V2500 (V 20)
Engine Size
Yes I agree. I will clean it up and lubricate it and see if that helps. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20