Adjusting side windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
My passenger side manual roll-up window has always been tough to roll up, especially if its been rolled all the way down.

I ordered a new regulator and all new window felt, and just finished putting it all back together yesterday. Bottom line - its still hard to roll up that window!

I cleaned out the track/channel on the bottom of the window and the one on the door where the rollers on the regulator go back and forth. I cleaned the channel thoroughly with brake clean, and then added a very light coat of wheel bearing grease so that a sticky roller should move easier. The new regulator already had lube on the pivot point and the "gears" and I put a dab of wheel bearing grease on the axle of each of the the three rollers.

I noticed that the horizontal channels for the rollers have a couple of bumps inside from being tack welded on, but that's about the only place they are not completely smooth.

Any suggestions on what else I should look at before I put the door panels on? There are no other adjustments mentioned in the GM repair manual. The window does not seem extremely tight when rolled completely down, but takes some strong wrist action to get it started when rolling it back up.

Thanks,

Bruce

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mine has the rear vertical guide has an upper adjustment and IIRC one lower. Upper per picture.

You must be registered for see images attach

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks very much. I didn’t realize that guide could be loosened/adjusted. Maybe mine gets a little too tight at the bottom of the track.

Bruce

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Did you get the window adjusted?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I made sure it was lubed in all the right places, and tried loosening
up the bolts you identified, but it’d still pretty tight. It may just take time to wear in.

Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes