AC bracket manifold bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ive never seen an serp belt thrown, Ive seen idler pulleys lock up, or an alternator explode the internals ( it rattled and pieces fell out when you shook it). hell I just sold under drive pulleys to a guy that had an air bag blow causing the truck to slam down on the big wheels sending parts into the serp belt that caused 2 of the 6 ribs on the belt to shred off but he still was able to drive it an hour to my house to buy the pulleys and belt.

But if you dont like the looks its understand able.

I've never seen a serpentine belt thrown either. But I had a 91 Z-71 alternator lock up at highway speed, smokin the belt and puttin me afoot. I always keep my old belt behind the seat as a spare, but that won't help when any of the pulleys won't turn using a serpentine system.
Had I been drivin my 86, I could've made it down the road on battery power, with the water pump still pumpin with the other belt.

I don't mind the looks of them too bad on modern trucks, just not on classics.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've always wondered if there was a way to go back to individual drive belts with an LS - seen guys do it with other newer setups....just seemed to be an extensive shopping list of various year brackets and pullys.

A good buddy of mine had a 71 Charger years ago that was decked out with something newer (sorry....dont know Dodges except rust is a factory option, they have sht trannys and tow trucks exist because of them) - his 2 yr old AC compressor seized on his way back from a show and he had to have it towed home about 200 miles (not cheap). Kind of an all or nothing setup. Two weeks later it was back to individual belts. lol

Thats about the extent of my experience with them. I've spent 30 yrs restoring older 4N makes so never had to deal with it. Those have enough of their own issues regardless of belts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
builder100