About to ruin one of the nicest C3500's with an Ls.. Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

louu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500
Engine Size
454 for now working on LS
I'm hoping to stop by the hose place in a couple of weeks to and have the air conditioner hoses made up.

I also had to replace the hydroboost for the brakes yesterday. What a pain that was. The old one was leaking. Hopefully there won't be anymore leaks in the is truck for a few years lol!
You must be registered for see images attach

louu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500
Engine Size
454 for now working on LS

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
I w
Well hopefully not, I guess I'll start a swap thread here since I have plenty of downtime away from the truck 3-4 days a week with that terrible thing they call work.

I have an absolute beautiful 1986 GMC 3500 with a big ol fo fiddy fo and T400 that's a smelly gas guzzling, gas spewing hunk of oil leaking iron that's gotta go. My daily is a 2002 silverado with a genuine Vortex engine made out of tornadoes and Bruce Lee movies. I put over 360k miles on that bad boy and would love to have that kind of awesomeness in my 86.
I was working at a GM dealership when the LS engines made the scene, and the body styles changed. No mechanic at the time thought they would be better than the preceding engine models and they laughed about how the trucks were cheap and plastic, and would likely fall apart. How the times have changed...

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Curious to see how they hold up. I eyed those but ended up getting the Taylor 45* ones
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/TAY-79214
I have the Taylor race-fit 409's on my CNP modified Gen VI 454. They fit well with the headers and longer distance they needed to go compared to the LS ones. I had originally ordered summit ceramic ones and they were too short, even though they said they fit the 8.1L(they don't).

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-887828
I have these ones for my L9H 6.2L Gen IV LS motor going in my 2011 Suburban. They are the right length and have the 45 degree angle to clear headers without melting. Using the stock metal heat shields on the boots.

MrHorsepowerLSx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K35
Engine Size
Awesome project hillbilly neighbor! Where in Joisy are you? I am in King of Prussia, Pa.
I’m about an hour from you. I frequently visit the Eastwood store in Pottstown and we shop at KOP all the time. Better then the Deptford mall
I didn't get to the AC hoses yet I found a place that said they might be able to do it but they want to look at it and it's dead in the water right now.

I'm in south jersey

I’m in South Jersey as well Sicklerville area. You?

87chevy_com

Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
L83
checkout coldhose.com adapters
they have a few adapters and I'm sure one of the 3 will work. If you have the oem hoses, they can probably be repurposed.. I wound up re-purposing the L83 suction hose and discharge lines by adding new tubing and tube nut to it and had a hydraulic shop that does a/c brazing stick em together.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I’m about an hour from you. I frequently visit the Eastwood store in Pottstown and we shop at KOP all the time. Better then the Deptford mall

I’m in South Jersey as well Sicklerville area. You?
I'm right across the street from the mall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CTGAP