A big question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Attachments

• 78C10BigTen's new 78 Bed.JPG
    78C10BigTen's new 78 Bed.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 46

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Mind over matter. lol

I've said it once and I'll say it again, you guys out west have absolutely no idea how much money you could make shipping rust free trucks and parts out here to us poor souls in the rust belt at a reasonable cost. There are a couple of companies out here that do it already. But, they end up wanting more for a bed for example than what you guys are paying for the whole truck. The parts end up being out of the question for anything other than a high end build/restoration.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I've said it once and I'll say it again, you guys out west have absolutely no idea how much money you could make shipping rust free trucks and parts out here to us poor souls in the rust belt at a reasonable cost. There are a couple of companies out here that do it already. But, they end up wanting more for a bed for example than what you guys are paying for the whole truck. The parts end up being out of the question for anything other than a high end build/restoration.
Exactly! Im not gunna pay $1k for a bed to put on a truck i paid $200 for

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I have a 1958 Apache that is going on a new used 4x4 chassis. It is a chassis I was told was mid 80’s. There is no cab. Just bed, trans and xfer case, axles and chassis. The chassis number is C8F458110. It has rivits holding motor frame mount to frame. Gas tanks are outside rail. Any idea what year and any other info from that number? That’s all I got. Thanks. The biggest thing is what year chassis?
Definatly a 78.
You can tell it's 78 or older because the gas cap is round. 79 and newer have a square fuel door.

Grumpy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I can confirm the frame is certainly a 1978.
If you are going to move forward keeping your project a 4x4, then great - if you are going to convert it to a 2wd, then you will need to deal with all of the crossmembers and mounts from the front cab mounts forward. The 4x4 frame for these years is slightly different on the top rail next to where the engine mounts are and will require modification (it won't hurt anything.)
Unless your project is a style side (fleet side,) you will need to ditch the saddle tanks and locate one (with ALL associated mounting brackets) from a Blazer or Suburban for a rear-center mount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man