89 Trans Am

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Are you the one who put the LS1 in the car? If so, how did it go? I own a 1991 Z28 that is a factory 5.7 but an automatic due to all 5.7 Z28’s only came in auto. My son and I want to make it a 6 speed ZF with an LS engine. Probably the 6.2 L. Looks like it fits nice in there. Cool car. @yevgenievich
I put ls1 in it about 14 years ago. Currently putting an ls3 in 87 camaro with a t56. To do it more seamless, body harness needs to integrate with engine harness.

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The only exception I make for cutting stuff to replace parts, is window motors on the 3rd and 4th gens. It saves SO much frustration and it is not at all harmful to any structure. With some well-placed holes (small ones, just to drill out rivets), you can remove and replace the window motor and not have to disturb the regulator.
Yep. Done that in my 3rd Gen Z28.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep. Done that in my 3rd Gen Z28.

You know, there's so many of us here with Camaros and Firebirds, we probably aught to have a picture thread just for them, lol. I'd ask to see, but don't want to jack Viktor's thread anymore.

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You know, there's so many of us here with Camaros and Firebirds, we probably aught to have a picture thread just for them, lol. I'd ask to see, but don't want to jack Viktor's thread anymore.
I think that’s great idea. When my wife and I met in 1986, we were both teenagers. She was driving a 1976 Camaro Type LT and I was driving a 1973 Nova SS. Both cars were near mint condition and her car was all hopped up. She only bought it because her girlfriend bought a brand new car and sold that one to my wife as her first car. Man that car could move. I drove hers more than my 145 horsepower, 2 barrel, Zero to 60 in 6 months Nova. We have had a bunch of awesome hot rods since then. I actually own a 1970 Nova SS 396 4 speed car and have for many years but it is in many pieces because it was from Iowa and VERY rusty. The original engine is long gone but it’s still an original Big Block car.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Finally replaced the wore out shifter top piece. Actually have a complete hurst shifter assembly that is available, but did not want to open the seal around the shifter. Hurst shifter has a handle angled toward the driver. Might just go ahead and swap handles around.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Iroc is getting ready to leave. Couple of more tuning and wire checks to be done before it goes to a real tuner.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Iroc is getting ready to leave. Couple of more tuning and wire checks to be done before it goes to a real tuner.

Always liked irocs!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Mostly back together on the TA. Old fuel injection rated hose was showing age, so it got replaced. Aftermarket rear bumper is too wide and does not fit all that well. Saved the original bumper and will try some repairs on it at a later time.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Top off on freon needed. Also oil catch piece has a vacuum leak and needs to be redone.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Finally getting some finishing pieces on interior. New rear 6x9 speakers installed, new sail speaker covers, put pillar trim back on, kick panels, under bumper plastics. Need to close out back seat area and front seat belt guides

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84